Monday, December 17, 2007

Winter Field Trip!

Madalyn's class had it's second fieldtrip of the year and they went to the Christmas Tree Farm. The same one we went to the weekend before the field trip. Madalyn was even more excited to go this time because she was going to ride on the school bus. I'm not sure why but that has been the highlight of both fieldtrips. This time I rode on the bus with her to save money/gas. It takes about 40 min. to get to the farm by bus, by the time we got to the farm Madalyn asked if she could ride with her friends on the way back to school. I guess it wasn't as much fun with mom sitting next to her. We ended up arriving at the farm late which only gave us about 30 min. to get through everything that normally takes about 45-60 min. The children started off by listening to the owner talk about the process of growing trees. This was very interesting because I didn't know the process. Then we all got on the hayride and we got to see trees that were 1 year old up to 8 year old trees (the 8 year old trees were huge). After the hayride the class got to pick out a tree for the classroom. Once the tree was cut and bundled the children were hurried back on the bus and they ate a sack lunch on the trip back to school.

No comments: