Last night I decided we needed to run our dishwasher. It had some old detergrnt stuck in it when we moved in and we have never used it. I was a little afraid to use it because it looked so old I was worried something bad would happen. Ryan refers to the old dishwasher as a Buick (It looks really old but he says it will probably never die). Since we are moving in 2 weeks I thought I would try to run the dishwasher to make sure it was clean for the walk thru. So we ran it late last night. Around 10pm we had a knock on the door but we were already in bed. So we ignored the knock and went to sleep. Today when we looked in the dishwasher the detergent was still caked to the door. Ryan scraped it off and ran it again. Once again we had a knock at the door. Ryan opened the door and the lady that lives under us said something was leaking from our apartment into hers. Ryan told her we would turn off the dishwasher and told her she needed to call maintenance. A few minutes later the maintenance man came over to inspect our dishwasher. Apparently the bottom is all rusted out and was leaking lots of water into the apartment under us. He came back later with the head guy and they decided it needs to be replaced. It probably will not happen until next week. They also said that Manager told them that they had this problem about a year ago. Nice! Both of the maintenance men were confused why it was not replaced when it happened the first time. I wish I had not been so worried about using it back in Jan. when we moved in. I could have had a new dishwasher for the last 41/2 months. That stinks!! Oh Well! You LIVE and you LEARN. Right?
5 comments:
DID I COMMENT ALREADY?? Weird! It says I did! Hmmmm...
Anyway, if not, just think how you can have your OWN BRAND NEW DISHWASHER in your OWN house really SOOOOOOON!!!!! :)
wow thats amazing you went that long without a dishwasher. i HATE doing dishes! at least it's one less thing to worry about for inspection now, right :)
Aren't you glad that the water was runnung into someone else's apartment and not yours? What a mess that must have been.
Mindi :)
I am also in amazement that you went that long without a dishwasher! What a trooper you've been! Just think... it will all be worth it soon :)
That is one OLLLLLLLLD dishwasher. Gee. :P
Post a Comment