Wow! I can't believe it has been a month since I blogged. I feel so disconnected.
Okay everyone you will have to bare with me. This may take a while to recount all that we have done in the last month.
On June 5th we made our first offer on a house. It took about 2 days before we heard back from the seller. She counter offered and so did we. She said she was firm with her counter offer and we decided it was still a great deal on the house so we accepted.
During this negotiation of price we were in RR so Ryan could work and I could pack. Madalyn and Ethan stayed with my parents. Due to some unexpected events this also ended up being Ryan's last week at Firehouse. Which turned out to be really nice. We had Ryan all to our selves for about 3 weeks. Now that he has started his new job the kids are a little confused. They want to know where Daddy is and don't understand why they cannot talk to him whenever they want.
So, Ryan's last day was Sat. June 7th. Sunday went to church to teach our class and make sure we would have help the following Sat. when we were loading up the Uhaul. After Church we drove back to Waco.
We spent this week enjoying time with the kids. We went to the Zoo one day and played outside on the water slide at my parents. We also went swimming at the Baldwins a couple of times.
(Madalyn & Ethan watching the rhinos)
(Madalyn the Butterfly)
(Ethan the Butterfly)
(Madalyn having fun in the pool)
(Ethan discovered that he loves goggles)
(Ethan learned how to hold his breath under water)
(Madalyn & Ethan swimming around)
We were also in our "option period" on our house during this week. So we had the inspection to be at. The good news from the inspector was that this was a structurally sound house. The bad news was that the AC did not work and the tub in the master bathroom needed to be replaced. The seller had the AC in the house replaced now it works great. She is also paying for the tub to be replaced.
On Friday June 13th Ryan and I went back to RR so we could pick up the Uhaul. We got the Uhaul around 9am and went to our storage unit to start loading up. It took us 2 hours to empty out the storage unit. It was really easy b/c we had flat carts to use at the storage place. Our unit was on the second floor of a climate control storage facility. The Uhaul was backed right up to the loading dock for easy loading. Once we were done at the storage unit we went to our apartment and got the truck backed in and ready for loading. It was lunch by this time so we went and grabbed a bite to eat. When we returned we started loading the truck again. We got everything out of the bedroom, closet and kitchen that evening. I was also able to clean the empty rooms.
Saturday morning our help from church was not coming until 10am. Ryan woke up early and we took everything down stairs and put it on a tarp(except for 5 pieces of furniture that I could not help Ryan with). I finished cleaning and we waited for our help to arrive. It took 20 min. to finish with 2 extra people. I vacuumed on last time and then went to the office to turn in our keys. We were on the road to Waco by 10:50am. Ryan & I got cleaned up so we could meet with our realtor to sign some papers after lunch. That evening we unloaded the Uhaul at another storage unit. We only had one person show up from my parents ward. Luckily it only took us about an hour to unload.
While we were unloading the truck Mindi & her family, Marion & Seiko, and Adrienne & her family were at my parents playing on the water slide with my kids. I wish I could have visited more with my good friends that I rarely see. Sorry, Adrienne it was good to see you and your adorable family for the short time that we had.
I helped my mom and a few other people make a memory scrapbook for a Becky Gropp. My mom and Sis. Webb asked everyone to write letters telling Becky how much she means to them. We then put the letters together in a scrapbook.
(Amy, Leigh, Mom, Sally & Myself)
Well I still have more to write about but I think I will stop for now.
6 comments:
hey good to see a post from you guys! are you counting down til closing day??? we are sooo excited for you guys!
I am glad you are back. I can't wait to see pictures of your new house.
Love ya!!!
Good grief! I'm just tired from reading this! :) I'm glad everything seemed to go so smoothly.
HOORAY, AN UPDATE! I can't wait to see pics of your HOUSE!!! I have been thinking of you (I told Mindi to tell you that if she got the chance) and couldn't wait for all these exciting things to happen for you!
Glad you got a few weeks with your hubby. That can be SO nice.
Good luck unpacking and getting settled! We will have to chat again once you are unpacked!
Yippee, a post! I was starting to have withdrals! Glad to hear everything is going so well.
Hey Heather! I want to get in touch since we are in the same area now- okay? Shoot me an e-mail, okay? :)
Post a Comment