Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School

Madalyn's 1st day of Kindergarten!!

She is so excited!

Yesterday (Tuesday) was Madalyn's first day Kindergarten. I got Madalyn up to eat breakfast while I made her lunch. Then she got dressed and was ready to go.

She loves her new "My Little Pony" backpack

I was taking to long. She kept telling me I was going to make her late.

(We still had 20 min. before we needed to leave)

Daddy & Madalyn

Mommy & Madalyn

Ryan & I both took her to school we walked her inside and took her to the gym were they meet every morning for assembly. We found her Teacher (Mrs. McMahan). They allowed the parents to stay for assembly. During this time they say "The Pledge of Allegiance" , "Texas Pledge of Allegiance" and "The School Pledge".

Madalyn sitting with her class in the gym

Madalyn listening to her teacher

Madalyn saying bye to Daddy

Madalyn

Before Assembly the PE teacher, Coach Chick came and gave Madalyn big hug and talked to her for a little bit. Then she came and talked to me. (As a side note Coach Chick was my coach in Elementary at Axtell. Actually she was K-12 so she was also Amy's basketball and track coach. So, we have known her for many years. Now she is at Midway and gets to be Madalyn's coach.)
Madalyn is very excited to have someone at the school she knows. It also makes me feel better knowing someone at the school. I cried as I watched Madalyn walk to her class. Madalyn was nervous but also very excited.

Madalyn walking to class with her classmates

When I picked her up from school she said she had a good day. I felt like I was pulling teeth to get her to elaborate on her day. After we talked about her day I was glad to know that she likes her teacher and had a good day.

11 comments:

The Bergquist Fam said...

madalyn looks so cute all dressed and ready for school! how is she liking it so far? jimmy is enjoying most of it, and i'm enjoying the one time with addy.

oh btw how is the house coming?

The Torres Family said...

I can't believe it's already time for these kiddos to go to Kindergarten! Hope her and your day was wonderful. She looks so cute!

jmholloway said...

Wow, you have a kindergartener. I can't believe how old our kids are getting. We pick a kid up from pre-k every day for smoeone in our ward/branch and Cailyn is upset everyday that she doesn't get to go to school. I hope that enthusiasm stays for next year.

Mindi :)

We will be in town this weekend. I will give you a call. We miss you guys. We will have to see your new house. Love you, Heather!!!!

Moore Fun Stories said...

What a big day for both of you!!!

Steven & Adrienne said...

She looks so cute and grown up in her backpack and at school. And wow you guys say a lot of pledges. I am glad she had a lot of fun. She looks so adorable.

Elissa said...

Kind of sad that Madalyn is old enough for school. The time is really going by too fast. We miss you guys and Asa say's hi to Madalyn and Ethan.

Elissa

On Our List said...

She is so grown up and SO CUTE. I love that they say the Texas pledge. GO MIDWAY!!!

Love ya!!!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Wow, you have a kndergartner! Good to hear she had a good first day, hopefully she wanted to go back the day after:) I am not looking foward to that day, and like you, I am sure there will be tears shed.

robyncreates said...

She looks older!!! GLad her first day went so good!

Shelly M. said...

Heather,
Madalyn looks so cute! I can't believe you have a child in Kindergarten! It seems like we were just a bunch of silly teenagers...where did the time go?

By the way, I hope all is going well for you and your family and the new house. I have missed seeing new posts from you.

jmholloway said...

Alright girly, it is time to post again. People need to know that you aren't living in the retro house, you have updated it. We want to see it!!!!!!!

Mindi :)