Oh yeah, that was one of the longest hockey games I have ever listened to. (I say listen because I don't have cable or satellite, so I listened on the computer). It was so worth it though. The Stars were playing game 6 in the semi-finals against San Jose Sharks. The ended regulation game time tied 1-1. The game went into 4 over times before Brenden Morrow finally scored the winning goal. This was absolutely amazing. The game started at 8pm (CST) in Dallas and ended around 1:20 am. Can you even imagine playing that long. Not only the players but also the refs having to skate in a very fast paced game for over 5 hours. WOW!!
B. Morrow scoring the winning goal!
So, now that the Stars won they will move on to the Western Conference Finals against the Detroit Red Wings. This will be a tough series but I BELIEVE the Stars are up to the challenge.
GO STARS!!!
3 comments:
You are SO funny!! Gotta love the hometeam--even for hockey! :) GO STARS!!
I am very proud of you, listening is much harder than getting to watch, and it was awesome to get to watch. Yes I watched the whole game. STARS ARE FLYING HIGH
I don't remember you being a huge hockey fan in High School. Either way, I heard about the game on the radio and even though I am not a sports fan, I do feel some pride for the Stars. I am glad that you enjoyed the game, even if it was just listening to it.
Mindi :)
Post a Comment