Monday, February 11, 2008

Guess Who's Engaged...

On Saturday evening the kids and I were driving home from Waco when my sister-in-law, Kelli, called. She announced her engagement to Zack (opps I don't even know his last name). Kelli said he had proposed early that day. After I got off the phone with her I shouted "Aunt Kelli's getting married to Zack!!" I was really excited for her. Madalyn talked about Aunt Kelli and Zack for the next 30 min. She asked "does this mean Zack will be my uncle?" I said "yep and you could probably call him Uncle Zack next time you see him." She thought that was great. Later I was talking to my sister and Madalyn had to talk. She told Aunt Amy "guess who's getting married?, Aunt Kelli and Zack." Then she asked to talk to Teegan, "guess who's getting married?, Aunt Kelli and Zack." She then asked for Jackson and Bryson and had the same conversation with each of them. It was really cute.

When we arrived in Round Rock we went to Firehouse Subs to see Ryan and get some dinner. Madalyn immediatley told her dad "guess who's getting married?, Aunt Kelli and Zack." She continued her conversation by asking if they were going to have babies? Ryan said "someday they will." Madalyn asked if they would name the babies Josh and Gabe? Ryan said "no, you already have cousins with those names." That must have satisfied her for now.

Well, Congrats to Kelli & Zack!! We are very excited for you both.

*As a side note every time Madalyn would tell one of her cousins Kelli and Zack were getting married this image of "Saved by the Bell" kept coming in my head. If you don't know what that is you probably didn't watch much TV after school in the 90's. Kelli and Zack were 2 of the charachters in this TV series (Saved by the Bell) and they dated off and on.

6 comments:

jmholloway said...

OK that's just mean.

Bennett Fam said...

Sorry about that. I hit the enter key before I had typed the actual message. I wasn't trtying to mean.
Heather

Rachel Holloway said...

OOOOHH---WE ARE ALL OVER YOUR SAVED BY THE BELL COMPARISON! :) My husband is a 90's re-run junkie and that is EXACTLY what I pictured when you said Zack and Kellie...

The Bergquist Fam said...

yea congrats to cousin kelli! and totally with you on the saved by the bell comparision! ha!

Steph Thomas said...

I had totally forgot about Saved By the Bell but as soon as you mentioned that it all came back to me. I knew those names went together very well but I couldn't figure out why.
How exciting for them both.

On Our List said...

I love Saved by the Bell...thanks for bringing back the memory.

Love Ya!!!