Friday, February 22, 2008

READY and waiting...

I am so ready to find a house to buy. Although it won't happen until this summer. I keep looking up homes for sale in the area and wishing it was time. I should probably stop that but I am so impatient. I can't wait for the day...

* I can park in my own driveway and not have to carry my groceries up a flght of stairs or through a parking lot (because you couldn't find a parking spot close to your apartment).

* My kids can run and have fun in the house without thinking the neighbors will be knocking on the door soon.

* I can paint my walls and decorate the way I want and not have to think about the holes I left in the wall.

* I no longer have to pay rent that doesn't help us in the future.

* I don't have to worry about my guest vehicle being towed because it is parked in the wrong spot or at the wrong time of day.

* I get all my things out of storage.

* The kids have a real room (not the living room floor).

* I no longer have to use the laundry mat (because I have my washer and dryer out of storage.

* I have a yard for my children to play in.

Okay, so I guess you probably get the idea. So now the count is on. We have until the end of June to find a house. Although I am very excited to have our own house it is also a bit scary. With all the foreclosures that are happening and also any repairs will be our responsability.

Hopefully the next four months will fly by and we will find the perfect starter home for our family.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Oh man! NO LAUNDRY--that was by FAR the worst thing on that list--and I thought they were all downers...bummer! I hope you guys find a great place. Look on the bright side, buying in such a hard housing time can be GOOD because you guys can get a great price from someone who isn't doing so well financially...you never know!! :)

robyncreates said...

Hang in there Heather-I know how you feel. Hey! I like your new blog look! Missed you last night. Bummer how this month worked out for you and the stamp party.