Thursday, May 22, 2008

Busy Little Bees or Bennetts!

Wow! We have been very busy since last Wed. The kids and I went to Waco last Wed. (May 14th) night. On Thursday I watched my best friends sweet little girls so she could take her mom to get an MRI. Our kids played really well together which made it extremely easy to keep her kids. Well the MRI didn't go so well and Becky ended up in the ER. It was a very emotionally long day. We had Mindi's girls most of the day until she got back from the hospital. I felt so bad for my dear friend being the only one with her mother when they were told the tumor had grown rather large. My heart was breaking, I wanted to do what ever I could to be available for the family. I wish I could have stayed longer to watch kids or whatever else they might have needed me for.

However, Friday we had to come back to RR so we could pack and be ready for Ryan to get home. As soon as he got home we started loading the car and hit the road to Bryan. His little sister, Kelli was getting married on Saturday at the Houston Temple. So Friday we made it to Bryan and visited with all the Bennett Family.

Saturday was a very long day. We got up early so we could drive to Houston for the Sealing. We took lots of wonderful pictures. Then we all rushed back to Bryan so we could get our kids to the babysitters. We were supposed to be at Johnny Carino's by 1:30 for a lunch but we were all late. Pictures took longer than planned and our side of the family had to drop off all the kids. We finally made it to JC and had a nice lunch. We had a couple of hours between that and the reception. Ryan kept our kids and I went with his mom to help with the finishing touches at the Bishops house. They had an outdoor reception at the Student ward Bishops house in Castle Gate. It all turned out very nice but it was a very long day.

Sunday we went to Sacrament then we drove to Waco for my family Reunion out at my grandparents ranch. We had lunch, saw lots of family and the kids played on the water slide. We all got lots of sun. Once we arrived at my parents house we got cleaned up and the kids ready for bed. Then my mom, Travis, Ryan and I went to the Gropps so we could visit with Becky now that she was home. My dad stayed at home with the kids.

I decided to stay at my parents until Wed. which would be Ryan's day off. So Monday Ryan went home so he could work. That afternoon Mindi and Julie brought over the kids to do the water slide in my parents backyard. They all had lots of fun and got a little sun too.

Ethan on the water slide

Madalyn on the water slide

Ethan, Madalyn & Cole in the little pool

Cailyn playing with Durango

Tuesday I started reading "Twilight". I am almost finished with it and am excited to go get the next book in the series. Ryan came back to Waco after work late that night.

Wednesday the kids had more fun on the water slide. While the kids were playing on the slide I sat in a lawn chair reading "Twilight". I did lots of laundry and that evening we loaded up and came home.

6 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

What a great friend you are. That is awesome that you were able to help Mindi out, and be there when she needed a friend. Give everyone big hugs from me...I sure do miss everyone. What an amazing family you have they are so cute!!! And the slide looks like a blast...I wanted to go on it.

The Bergquist Fam said...

thanks for posting the pics of kellis wedding. it was good to see, we wanted to go, but just couldn't make it. i love all the pink. marianne is doing pink for hers too. so do your parents own that huge inflatable slide??? looks like a total blast!!!

Bennett Fam said...

Yes my parents bought it last year for our family reunion. It was nice to have something the younger kids could do out at the ranch. It has also been fun just to put it up in the backyard throughout the summer.

On Our List said...

So how did you like Twilight? I also love the slide. I might have to get on a plane to go on it myself. Also thanks for being there for Mindi...you are the best.

Love ya!!!

Julie Gropp said...

Heather, we really appreciate all the help your family was this past weekend. I'm glad we got to see you, although I wish it had been under better circumstances. The boys really had fun on the slide as you can tell on my blog. Thanks again.

jmholloway said...

I can't thank you enough for all the help you were this past week. I never could have made it through without you there. I hope that I will be able to help you when you need it. I hope we will be able to see more of each other this summer. I love you, Heather.

Mindi :)