Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Gangs All Home

Last Saturday Ryan's parents picked up the kids and took them back to Bryan for the week. I thought this is going to be great, I could really use a break. Since we moved I have not really had a chance to drive around and get familiar with the area. So that was my plan, driving around, going to Half-Price books (without kids), relaxing at home, reading, taking naps if needed or wanted in the middle of the day and of course spending time with my husband. Well the week was not at all what I expected. I did most of the stuff I wanted to at home, but the weather was so yucky I didn't go out very much.

The kids had a great time playing with cousins from both sides of the family. They have really missed being close to family. Luckily it is still close enough to visit often. I'm greatful for Ryan's parents giving us this week alone. It was very nice, however I missed my children very much. I was very glad to go pick them up and bring them home today.

I missed my little hugs and the sweet words "I love you Mommy" that my children often give me. It's nice to have everyone back at home.

2 comments:

On Our List said...

How fun!!! I am jealous, a whole week away from your kids, I wish I could do that. What nice in-laws you have. Breaks always make me realize how much I love and appreciate my kids. I am glad you got some time to enjoy with your husband.

Love ya,
Sharon

jmholloway said...

How nice to have a little break. I am sure that the kids were just as excited to see you as you were to see them.

Mindi :)