Ryan left for work before the kids and I woke up. So, the kids didn't know it was my birthday until nearly 6pm tonight when Ryan got home. He asked if they had sung Happy Birthday to me. They were kind of confused "it's not Mommy's Birthday." After he convinced them today was my birthday they sang Happy Birthday. It was really sweet.
We played a couple of hands of "Frenzie" a card game. The kids love this game and is usually their first pick for game time. Then we went out to dinner to "Texas Roadhouse." I love that place! Ryan and I split a steak and the kids split a kids cheeseburger. I think Madalyn liked eating the peanuts and throwing the shells on the ground. It was cute, I didn't know shwe liked peanuts that much.
It was nice to hear from family on my birthday and even a good friend from our last ward called this evening. Thanks everyone, it was nice to hear from you.
7 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love Texas Roadhouse too!! YUMMMMMM.....
It IS funny that kids don't pick up on birthdays--I don't know if my kids even KNOW I have a birthday because we have been gone the last 2 birthdays...oh well! :)
Hope your day was great!
Happy Birthday the morning after! Sorry I didn't say it yesturday, I knew it was coming but couldn't remember the exact day. I'm glad you got to go out and have a fun evening!
Happy Birthday Heather! Wish we lived closer so we could celebrate birthdays together. I am glad that you had a good one.
Mindi :)
Happy Bithday!!!! It sounds like you had a fun birthday...I love Texas Roadhouse too. For some reason the one up here doesn't let you throw the peanuts on the floor. I sometimes do it anyway because it reminds me of the ones at home.
Love ya,
Sharon
P.S. Erika thinks her haircut is okay...she says she doesn't have long hair like the princess anymore but I convienced her it was still long enough that she has princess hair.
Happy late birthday Heather!! Those quotes on your sidebar are TOO CUTE :) Thanks for sharing. Also, thanks for the link to those free blog layouts... I'm just now figuring this all out. Hope to see you next month at the stampin' up get together :)
Happy Birthday! Sorry it is late! I love the Texas Roadhouse also...and the peanuts are fun to eat! Did you get to sit on a saddle as they sang Happy Birthday? Sharon did and it was hillarious! Anyways as your kids get older they will realize it is your birthday and then it is fun to get the cute little b-day cards!
Where do you get your blog layouts? Ryan doesn't like our-says it looks like alien hands. whatever...happy birthday though!!! :)
Post a Comment