Friday, March 28, 2008
The Quiet Game
Last night as we got the kids in bed Ryan and I laid down with them. They were very squirmy so I suggested we play the quiet game. The kids thought that was a good idea. I explained all the rules and told them it made it much easier if they closed their eyes and pretended to be asleep. I said "Ready, Set, Go..." and we started our game. A few seconds after we started Ethan says "OK Mommy start it again." I tried to explain to him that he needed to stay quiet longer. We tried to play several times but each time ended with Ethan wanting to start again. The last time we played Ethan looked at me and whispered " Go Mommy, Go" "keep going Mommy you can do it" "Mommy you can do it, beat Daddy and Madalyn." It was really funny that he was whispering to cheer me on. Eventually Madalyn went to sleep and Ethan came in our bed for a little while. He would have gone to sleep with Madalyn but he had taken a nap in the car. Naps are a thing of the past in our house. Well, if you expect to get the kids in bed at a decent hour that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great idea!!! I miss the days when my kids took naps (at least the two older ones), I seemed to have gotten more things done back then.
Love,
Sharon
I think it is so cute the way kids think. I love hearing about the different things your kids come up with and all the posts on the sidebar of funny things they have said.
ha, thats funny...we've tried the quiet game too, doesn't really work. i miss nap time too, thats a joke when it comes to jimmy & addy.
Post a Comment