(Ethan & Baby Evan)(Madalyn & Baby Emma)
I was folding laundry on my bed as I was listening to the kids playing in the next room. The kids were playing house, as they do much of the time lately. Madalyn was telling Ethan she was making a new blanket for her baby Emma. I thought that was cute and thoughtful. Then I heard Ethan's powertools going as Madalyn was saying "I'm almost done with your blanket Emma". I looked in the living room and saw that Madalyn had a chair pulled up to Ethan's tool bench with a blanket laying over the bench and a powertool in hand.
She has such an imagination. She had it all set up just like Meme's sewing table except for the fact that to do the sewing she used a powertool.
She has seen Meme sew a lot of things and likes to sit in the room with her while she sews. Last week Meme was making little sleeping bags for the kids dolls. I think this is what sparked Madalyn's imagination with sewing.
(Madalyn & Baby Emma)
I hope Madalyn will keep her intrest in sewing so that Meme can teach her this great art to carry on Meme's legacy.
(Ethan & Baby Evan)
When I was at my parents this last week I found the sleeping bag that Mom made for my dolls when I was little. Madalyn wanted to bring it home to add to her doll stuff.
(My old doll Sleeping Bag)






4 comments:
What wonderful, special kids! YOu must be such an example to them for them to want to mimic things like that! How fun!
That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. What an imagination!!! I also love the doll sleeping bag. It is such a cool idea. Your mom is great at so many things. You are so lucky.
Love ya,
Sharon
That is really adorable, and very creative. I hope you guys are having fun, we sure miss you guys and Asa loves seeing these pictures of his cousins.
Elissa
too cute! power tools for sewing! we miss you guys, jimmy and addy love seeing the pictures of their cousins!
Post a Comment