Monday, March 31, 2008

Day Trip

We decided to go to my sisters on Saturday. My nephews all had Hockey games that day. My parents were there and they brought some old family friends, the Bryan's. So, Saturday morning Ryan helped me load up the kids and we said bye to Daddy and headed out on our 2 hour drive. The kids slept most of the way (we left around 8 am). The kids had lots of fun playing outside with cousins and Papa.

After lunch and fun in the driveway playing hockey we went to the ice rink. All 3 boys were playing in the first game on the same team (team age range 7-12). This was actually Jackson's first game since he completed his lessons or levels. He did such an awesome job and it was very cute to see this little guy out on the ice keeping up with the other kids. Jackson is 7 and the smallest little guy out on the ice. I think he assisted in a goal and even scored one himself. Jackson also achieved a goal by getting put in the penalty box. He said after the game he was really trying to get in there. I can't remember what he did to get in the penalty box but he thought it was really COOL! He had a great first game. Bryson is goalie (age 9 1/2)and did a really great job as well. He has improved so much since the last time we watched him play. He looks so small in all his goalie gear. Hopefully Amy will post her next entry soon and you can see a pic of Bryson in his goalie gear. Mason is 12 and still plays on the younger team because they need more players and because of his age. However, he is very good and fast and was allowed to play on both teams this semester. So the first game was at 2:15 and then the older boys played at 5:40. Mason is the youngest on the older boys team (age range 12-18). He has done very well and it has improved his skills playing a faster pace game. He and his friend TJ (a senior in high school) play really well together they assisted each other 3 or 4 times on Saturday (helped each other score goals). They had a good game. We love Ice Hockey and enjoy being able to see my nephews play when we can. Papa and Aunt Amy are really hoping Ethan will play hockey too. Sounds good to me maybe he will be able to use his cousins gear (hockey gear is very expensive). When the game was over we went back to Amy's to have dinner.

The kids started playing Guitar Hero and Ethan grabbed a spare guitar and thought he was playing too. It was really cute to see him mimic Jackson on the guitar.

We all had a great day and ended up staying the night. The kids and I got up at 6am and headed back home so we could go to church with Daddy.

5 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

I love watching kids play sports! We haven't been able to do sports this spring because of busy schedules. But I can't wait until the fall when the kids can play again. Cute pics of your son with the guitar! I heard that Guitar Hero is fun, my young women keep trying to get me to play it!

The Bergquist Fam said...

sounds like a fun weekend! i like the new page layout!

On Our List said...

I also love your layout and all the pictures. I am impressed that your nephews can play hockey. Doug wants to put Spencer in ice skating lessons but I haven't decided if I want to do it...maybe now I will. Did you play Guitar Hero too? It is a fun game.

Love,
Sharon

Bennett Fam said...

Sharon,
No I didn't play Guitar Hero. I was mostly talking in the kitchen. I just happened to see Ethan and grabbed my camera. The only game system I play is Wii and the old nintendo. We don't have eitherbut my parents have both.

Steph Thomas said...

I love watching sports especially if I know some of the kids playing. But to actually watch 3 of your nephews playing on the same team would be really cool.
You are such a great blogger and change your layout so much it is fun to see what is in store. I haven't figured everything out yet so mine is just pretty boring.